Pharmacologic Category: Anticoagulant
Dosage Forms: Tablet, Oral (2.5 mg, 5 mg)
Apixaban is a selective inhibitor of FXa. Apixaban inhibits free and clot-bound FXa and indirectly inhibits platelet aggregation induced by thrombin. By inhibiting FXa, apixaban decreases thrombin generation and thrombus development
- Reduction of risk of stroke and systemic embolism in nonvalvular atrial fibrillation (NVAF)
- Treatment of deep vein thrombosis (DVT)
- Treatment of pulmonary embolism (PE)
- Reduction in the risk of recurrence of DVT or PE
- Prophylaxis of DVT, which may lead to PE in patients undergoing knee or hip replacement surgery
- Apirax® is the first generic form of apixaban in Iran which is produced at a GMP approved manufacturing site
Did you know, if you have AFib not caused by a heart valve problem, you are 5x more likely to have a stroke?
Did you know Apixaban was found to be the safest oral anticoagulant, with reduced risk of major, intracranial and gastrointestinal bleedings?